Red Sox Opening Day with Vine

I put together a bunch of Vines shot by people who went to the Red Sox Opening Day on Monday. I found that there were things Vines were great for, and some Vines were really impossible for.

What Vine was great for:

• Songs! People like singing at baseball games, and it’s great to actually hear and see people singing.
  • The flyover: People like fast planes. You can even enjoy Vines on the flyover without the sound turned on.
  • Watching the actual game: Again, another Vine you can watch and enjoy even without the sound.

What Vine was bad for:

• Actually learning about what happened in the game: I didn’t see a single Vine that had the score in the caption. I had no clue what the final score was (although I knew the Red Sox had won).

Here’s a screenshot of how my Vineyard of Red Sox looked like (prototype running locally on my laptop — I’ll try to do a demo in class since screenshots of Vines is kind of sad…).

1 thought on “Red Sox Opening Day with Vine

1. MLB.tv charges for condensed videos of games, where you only have to watch the pitches that result in hits, outs, etc. I think you have a potential business here in reducing the entire game to one Vine.

From what I saw in your class demo, the fan Vines actually do a really nice job of portraying what it’s like to attend a game at Fenway. From the stands vendors to the program hawker to fans drinking beer and bringing traffic to a halt, this is a pretty authentic overview of a day at the park.